Are you looking to buy your dream home in the Cayman Islands? Keep these tips in mind and make your decision a good one.
1. You don't have to own home: There is a significant question whether owning a home for you is good for your circumstances or not. Some people tells you that paying rent is losing money, but there are many advantages to renting, especially if you move around a lot.
2. Don't stick to anybody's advice: As soon as you state that you're looking to buy property in the Cayman Islands, you can expect your family and friends to come out of the woodwork with all their honourable advice. Remember these may have been true in their case, but it is necessary that it will be same in your case.
3. Work with skilled professionals: Hire a licensed and expert home inspector who can help find to pinpoint any problems that could end up growing costly repairs. To avoid such conflict, make sure your lawyer is not also serving the seller.
4. Negotiate at your best: You can use a real estate agent to do the negotiating for you, but you cannot be sure how hard they must push for you. As a buyer, you feel in control, and you should have nothing to lose through strong negotiation.
5. Don't feel pressured: Real estate agents are expert and trained. They may get you to rush over to the 'perfect' property and advise you to make a deal before someone else steals it up. If you ever feel rushed, then back away and don't take any decision.
6. Select an intelligent agent: Prepare questions in advance for your meeting. Find out about their experience, the number of buyers they represent and know if they can share any references. Speak to different agents before settling with one.
Sasha White is one of the most experienced real estate agents. My passion for writing about the real estate issues makes me amazing in my work. I have extensive experience in working with renowned real estate companies and Ashmore Alexander the best Cayman Island real estate company.